Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter



I am going to say it again, I am so happy that spring is here. I love all the colors and warmth of spring. It is always such a welcome relief from the long, frigid winter. My favorite tree is the magnolia and each spring, I point out every single magnolia we pass by. We actually planted two tiny magnolia trees when we moved to this house almost 6 years ago, and they just are not very happy and the biggest is only about 2 feet tall. Yesterday, I went out to the backyard and had a glorious surprise, my magnolia had bloomed for the first time. Okay technically, it had a bloom or two in past years, but I can hardly count those. These were actual blooms, pretty ...purple.... real magnolia blossoms. Okay, don't make fun of my little tree, to me it is the giant and mighty steel magnolia!

No comments:

Post a Comment