Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A bit of organization

Here is a little peek at what I have been working on for awhile. It was not a small project, but it felt satisfying to finish. For months ( dare I even say years ) my scrapbook pages have sat on a shelf in varying states of completion.Some were tucked safely inside page protectors, others remained naked subject to catching and krinkling as I put other pages on top. I sat indecisive about how I wanted to group my pages, so blank scrapbooks remained empty just waiting to be filled and looked at.
This was my stack of pages:


I spent quite a few hours sorting and putting page protectors on the pages that I had worked so long on, trying to put the pages in an order that made some sort of sense. In the end, I tried to go mostly chronologically, except for Christmas, which has its own scrapbook. The best part of the whole experience was the fact that I was re inspired by my own pages. I had done some scrapping that I was really proud of, designs I really liked and that made me want to scrap more ... and I have...yay....will try to post some of those soon.
 

The kids started going throught them as soon as they hit the upstairs bookcase. My oldest asked if she could be the first to look at them. That makes me feel good. They all enjoy the memories evoked from scrapbooks and ask questions about things they have absolutley no recollection of. History preserved and passed down. Yay me!

For now, I am excited to be leaving day after tomorrow for the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Valley Forge, Pa. Heading up with some scrapping friends for 2 days of classes and shopping.Can't wait....of course, we didn't really factor in time for sleeping or eating....but we will do the important things...you know... scrap...learn...laugh...shop...and come home broke and exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment