Thursday, August 12, 2010

Projects from Creating Keepsakes Convention, Valley Forge

After a super packed, hectic two days in Valley Forge at the CK Convention, my computer was out of commission with a virus. It is back up, albeit slow, but it is working ...so before it is time for next year's convention, I wanted to post a few photos.
I took a lot of really good classes, but because the time is condensed, only finished a portion of the projects . The upside to that is you come home with goody bags of lovely things to finish. So finish I did, then they were such happy projects, they wanted to be photographed and shared.

Picture 1: I think my favorite project class was the Technique Tuesday Top Tips for Tantalizing Cards....oh my, these cards were truly wonderful, and I will definitely be making them again.
Picture 2: The Magic Moments class had all the pretty colors, with those really beautiful flowers with the gigantic brads for centers.
Picture3: Six FAB layouts were completed in the Latest and Greatest with Basic Grey.
Picture 4: All the loot. Mostly Basic Grey Paper Packs, Technique Tuesday grab bags and tiles ( both discounted at the crop), Tattered Angels mat, screens and Glimmer Mist in Pomegranate ( LOVE), a couple Cricut cartridges , and of course distress inks because, really now, what is the point of shopping if there isn't some Tim Holtz involved somewhere?


I also took a class on Digital Photography with Candice Stringham, one of my favorite photographers who used to write all the photography articles for Creating Keepsakes but now works with Jessica Sprague, Digital Goddess over at :http://www.jessicasprague.com/ Wow, did I learn a lot in that one hour. Her class was the one in which I gained the most knowledge.

Even though the conventions are wild and crazy, and you never feel like there is enough time for everything,I highly recommend going if you get the chance.









No comments:

Post a Comment