Thursday, March 11, 2010

Don't you just love cupcakes ?


I LOVE cupcakes. I ask you, what isn't to love? If you come up with an answer, I don't want to hear it. I can't understand you at all. They are the perfect portion , portable, adorable and you don't have to share them with a soul. Your own bite of bliss. Even better, shhhhhhhh ...if they are especially delicious....we will eat two of them. Double bliss is better than singular bliss. Don't you agree ?

So, my 11 1/2 year old just had a half birthday party. Her birthday is in the summer and it is often difficult to gather friends together all in one place, all at the same time, working around vacation times, or camp or what have you. So I proposed a half birthday party. She had a half of a cake, we sang half a birthday song but she didn't have just half of a good time. No, good times were had by all. Her request was for the Hi-Hat Cupcakes I had made for another party last year. Apparently, she had been thinking of those beauties, and wanted them for her friends. These little cakes are glorious. A chocolate cupcake base, fluffy marshmallow frosting, they are chilled then dipped in a bath of melted semi-sweet chocolate- ahhhh.... heaven in a little sparkly, foil liner. If you would like to make these for yourself go to:
  • I did not use the cake recipe that is in the recipe although I do have complete confidence in Martha Stewart. I am sure it is good. Instead, whenever chocolate cake is called for I use my standard recipe from the book: Rosie's Bakery Baking Book by Judy Rosenberg. Rosie's Famous Chocolate Sour Cream Cake Layers

1 comment: