Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Polar bears and winter...

Life, computer woes and just plain old lack of motivation has made this the first blog post of the year.
My youngest turned 9 last month but didn't have her party until last weekend. So naturally, I made.....yeah....cake....and not just any old cake ( although nothing wrong with that in my cupcake book)....but very, very special ( the kind that always leave me wondering why I thought it would be a good idea to make ) polar bear cupcakes from What's New Cupcake by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson , check it out here: http://www.hellocupcakebook.com/ .
My 12 year old and I spent about four hours decorating these little beauties after which at least a third of the children wouldn't eat ( including the party girl herself) because they have coconut fur.....AUGH! I reminded my daughter, that she does indeed like coconut....she still doesn't believe me.... oh well....more bears for me....

I apologize for the poor quality of the lighting....I couldn't get it right....



No comments:

Post a Comment